help... (samba concurrancy problem)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Oct 24 12:01:43 GMT 2000

Patrick wrote:
| when 2 windows pcs attempt to execute the same program the
| windows machines crash and the linux server locks up so I
| have to keep killing smb processes.

	Could you tell the list what program it is,
	and whether it's using a common file or database
	on the Samba machine.

	If it's locally-written, can you ask the authors
	what database-like operations it does?

	I suspect you need oplocks off and regular locks on
	in the appropriate share, but that's a mere guess,
	based on previous database-like program's misbehavior!

--dave

---
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com