Priorities under samba to win shares

Yage yagelist at radiofujiko.it
Mon Oct 23 14:57:37 GMT 2000

Hi.
Ive installed samba on a file server which shares files to more then 10 windows machines. Id like to know if there is any way to make priorities under samba. I mean, i need to tell samba that ip1 has to be served first than others. Thereis one machine that must be served and i dont care if the others goes into delay.

Im running Debian potato (latest) with samba 2.0.7.

The only alternative solution (in my opinion) is to create a virtual device using the traffic shaper and then route all machines to the shaper except the ip i want to serve first. This should avoid problems, but doing it from samba will be much better.

Tnx in advance.
Yage.