Help with Samba

Steven Scott steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com
Sun Oct 22 21:23:52 GMT 2000

    I will certainly let you know of anything I discover.  For your problem, could you not simply remove the share in Samba, then re add it.  This would require that the computers (Win98) are not connected, then make the change, and restart Samba.

    My problem is a little different in that I can not log in as the same user on two different machines.  Logging in on the original workstation works, but if I try it as the same user on computer #2, that user is denied access to the Linux shares.  If I logout on the original machine, the second computer still does not see the shares.  If I logon the second computer as someone else, all is fine.

Steven Scott
Solution Consultants Inc.
Email: mailto:steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com