Logging in Problem in Win98

Steven Scott steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com
Fri Oct 20 17:17:56 GMT 2000

    I have two computers connected to my Samba server, and I am having trouble logging in on the one.

Scenario:
Samba Server is NEON

Notebook computer is XENON and will connect fine as SSCOTT (user in Unix also) with the proper password.

Desktop computer is MERCURY and can connect fine as SSCOTT2, or another user with the proper password.  However, if I try to connect as SSCOTT on this computer, then it fails with "Neon is not accessible.  No permission to access resource."  If I shut down the notebook computer, and try this again, it still fails. I can however, see everything fine if I use a different login name.

    Is there a known problem here with trying to use the same account from two machines at the same time, or even two different computers at any time?

Steven Scott
Solution Consultants Inc.
Email: mailto:steven_scott at solutionconsultantsinc.com