Samba and Briefcase

Tony Kennedy adk at ph.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 14:57:34 GMT 2000

Problem: creating a Briefcase on a Samba server connected to my WNT laptop
just creates a normal folder containing a "Briefcase Database" and
"Desktop.ini", and does not function as a Briefcase. The correct CLSID is
contained in the files. I have seen several reports of this problem, but no
workarounds or explanations of what is wrong. Can anyone help please?

---
Anthony D Kennedy

Maxwell Institute for High Performance Computing Applications, JCMB 4404,
The University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, Scotland

+44 131 650 5272 (office) mailto:adk at ph.ed.ac.uk
+44 131 650 7165 (FAX)    http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~adk