W2k_login

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 11:20:01 GMT 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Jan Oqvist wrote:

> I have a Linux/Samb system with 600 users. The users have access to 40
> NT4-pc. To handle the login we are using NISGINA ver 1.0 When we started
> to test with Win2000 clients it did not work so well. Is there anyone
> outthere who has any idea how to solve this?

I've also had no luck with NISGINA on W2K (I was actually pleasently
suprised that it did anything at all!). It appears that NISGINA isn't
being maintained any longer.

I think that you're best bet is to wait for Samba 2.2 to be released,
and then see if you can use the domain logins in place of NISGINA.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology