veto files

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 19 12:43:58 GMT 2000

On  0, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at matchmail.com> wrote:
> Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > On  0, Jan Kuhn <jkuhn at siumed.edu> wrote:
> > > try:
> > >
> > > hide dot files = yes
> > >    hide files = /.*/lost+found/
> > >

> > That did not do it. The error message still continues.
> >
> The problem is in the ".*"  Keep "hide dot files = yes" but take out the veto
> files and hide files directives.
>
> You are trying to hide and veto all files and directories under "." which is the
> current directory, very bad stuff. ;P

The solution you suggested was the first thing I tried. Since that did not
work, I went along with the "veto file" directive. The "veto files" directive
worked but would not allow me to write any files to the directory.

After you note, I tried it again to test it. The "hide dot files" alone does
not hide the dot files. The "vet file" with the the file syntax will hide
those files.

--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net