How to configure Samba 2.0.7 to support NETGROUP?

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 18 14:33:03 GMT 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Rupert Kolb wrote:

> The question is, how to enable this feature with the
> standard configuration: ./configure, make, ... .
>
> My System:
> SuSE 7.0 with samba-2.0.7-49 on i386.
> YP/NIS is working (login, nfs, ...).

Samba's ./configure script fails to find yp_get_default_domain() on
systems where this function isin libnsl and where libnsl is not needed
for anything else.

I wrote a patch[1] to address this, and I recently had an
acknowledgement from Jeremy, so I think that this fix will be in future
releases (note that the patch is for configure.in - if you want to use
this with 2.0.7 then you'll need to patch configure.in, then run
autoconf to generate a new configure, then run the new configure).

[1] http://samba.org/samba-patches?findid=106

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology