smbmount for IRIX

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Oct 18 02:18:36 GMT 2000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:56:19PM +1000, David Jorm wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've been trying to get from source or the tardist a working binary
	for smbmount for IRIX 6.5. Any leads here? The tardist package
	doesn't contain it from what I can see, and the problems of
	getting gcc/libtools etc etc etc down a modem to compile the
	thing make compilation only a last stretch resort.

> Any assistances, pointers, or attached working binaries to my address
	would be appreciated :)

	AFAIK (and things could change - I'm not the IRIX wizard) there
is no smbfs (SMB File System) support in IRIX.  Smbmount is the mount
package which controls the smbfs file system in Linux.  No smbfs means
that smbmount is pretty much useless to you.  Now...  Someone COULD
have writen an smbfs driver for IRIX, but I think I would have heard
about it and I haven't, so you are probably out of luck there.

	A better option would be to look at smbsh and see if that will
do what you want to do without requiring and smbfs file system in the
IRIX kernel.

> Thanks,
> David Jorm

	Mike