FW: HP-UX Unix to WinNT

baileyc at WellsFargo.COM baileyc at WellsFargo.COM
Tue Oct 17 18:55:50 GMT 2000

I have found the issue with my samba installation. I had entries in the
/etc/services file as well as in /sbin/init.d startup. I removed the entries
in /etc/services and my transfer rate went from 2hrs to less than 1.5 min
for a 66MB file.

Thanks to those who responded to my cry for help.

Chris Bailey
baileyc at wellsfargo.com

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Bailey, Chris
Sent:	Monday, October 16, 2000 9:27 AM
To:	'samba at lists.samba.org'
Subject:	HP-UX Unix to WinNT

Can anyone give me any info on how to tune an HP-UX version of Samba. We are
having a problem transferring a 67MB file from the Unix box to an NT box. It
takes about 2hrs to copy the file. Note: the Unix box has a 10BT card and
the NT box has a 100BT card.

Chris Bailey
baileyc at wellsfargo.com <mailto:baileyc at wellsfargo.com>