Unexpected disconnection and Broken Pipe error with Windows 2000 share after 20 minutes

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Mon Oct 16 22:02:16 GMT 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Colin Sampaleanu wrote:

> I am running RedHat 6.2 with Samba, and have mounted a directory which

samba 2.0.6 or samba 2.0.7?
Kernel messages?
If "smb_retry: caught signal" message then
	try 2.2.18pre15 and see if the problem remains.
Kernel version?
If Kernel version < 2.2.18pre15 then
	try 2.2.18pre15 and see if the problem remains.

> points to a share on a Win2k machine. Samba is set up to use 'domain'
> security, and all seems ok after the share is initially mounted. I am able
> to access the directory and lists files without problems.

Really? Even if you make a directory only containing 83 other directories
called 001 - 083 ... (Well, maybe that doesn't affect win2k, I should get
around to testing that too).

/Urban