HP-UX Unix to WinNT

Scott Ehrlich se at shore.net
Mon Oct 16 16:36:31 GMT 2000

Without knowing anything about your network, you know the slowest links
will most likely be 1) your 10BaseT card and/or 2) your network.

Anyway, if you don't already have Samba installed and configured on your
HP box, you can try that first.  Once configured, installed, and the
daemon running, you could take a backwards approach of having the
destination share on your HP box being the mapping point from your NT box,
and use NT to map to the directory (or one level up) on your HP box from
where you wish to obtain the data.

Then, from NT, simply copy and past from the HP to a destination location
on your NT system.

A bit backwards, but it can work.   I've done two-way file copying between
my Slackware Linux 7.0 box and my NT 4.0 workstation, with smbd -D running
on the Linux side.

Hope that helps.

Scott