Cannot connect using smbclient

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Sun Oct 15 11:35:16 GMT 2000

Eduardo,

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:14:48 +0200, Eduardo Diaz Uriarte wrote:

>> >My problem is that even when I can do everything in the
>> >DIAGNOSIS.txt file, I cannot connect using smbclient from the
>> >samba server to the samba client.

>> >That is: smbclient reports and Invalid network name in tree
>> >connect.

>> >smbclient \\\\OBELIX\\Data\  -U eduardo -d10

>> Remove the trailing backslash ... it should be:

>>     smbclient \\\\OBELIX\\Data -Ueduardo

>Not so easy. It didn't work.

Well, "invalid network name" means either wrong server name or wrong
share name. "Data\" is definitely false. Try:

    smbclient -L OBELIX -Ueduardo

and report about the outcome.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.