SWAT does not work

Matthew J. Duncan mduncan at ug.cs.usyd.edu.au
Fri Oct 13 08:59:19 GMT 2000

Hi fellow Territorian (ACTerritorian),

I am running RD6.2, with pmfirewall as the firewall that guards an
internal network of macs and windows. I have just downloaded the SAMBA
2.0.7 version source files, and I have ./configured them, make'd them and
make install'd them. I then did as you say, I adjusted the /etc/services
and the /etc/rc.d/rc.local files to add the SWAT and samba references.

However, when I get to the

smbclient -U% -L localhost

stage of the install, I get an error. I also cannot run SWAT in the
browser of my choice, as something is wrong! http://localhost:901 does not
work. I think it might be something to do with the firewall.

However, I thought you might have a better idea than I do, hence this
email.

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Matthew Duncan