Samba 2.0.7 and IRIX

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at eetc.com
Thu Oct 12 20:20:41 GMT 2000

I am trying to install Samba 2.0.7 on an SGI Origin 200 server running IRIX
6.4.  I have never used IRIX and have no idea how to install it.  I
downloaded it from the freeware section of the sgi website.  I have used
RedHat 6.x and have never used any other distro or any other type of linux.
As far as I know Irix has it's own package management system and I think
that it is graphical, or the command line "inst" command looks like the best
way to go.
As I said I have never used IRIX or an SGI before.  It does not have a
graphics card, although it would be possible to log into it and start a
graphical
environment over the network.
Samba 2.0.0-beta4 is already installed, but it is not working the way we
want it to.  It is probably just configured wrong, but I might as well
update while I'm at it.
Has anyone here done this?

Any help with configuration Issues with an old version of Samba, or ( more
helpfull ) how to install the package onto the SGI would be appreciated.

Thanks,
sim