Samba 2.07 and Solaris 8

Peck Chris V CVPECK at dera.gov.uk
Mon Oct 9 12:16:06 GMT 2000

I am trying to install Samba 2.07 on Solaris 8, but when compiling
(using gcc) I am getting the following error message -

Compiling smbwrapper/wrapped.c with -fpic
smbwrapper/wrapped.c:466:conflicting types for 'utimes'
/usr/include/sys/time.h:328:previous declaration of 'utimes'
make: ***[smbwrapper/wrapped.po] Error 1.

Anyone any ideas about getting it to compile??

Cheers,

Chris

> Burn bright, burn hard, burn long, and if all you leave behind on this
> earth
> is a well charred corpse, then you can say you have lived.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.