Question on making group Folders

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sun Oct 8 01:30:19 GMT 2000

This is quite easily done:

Create a new unix group, and add members as appropriate.

Setup the group shared folder, I have used /home/groups/{group name}.
Next change the folders group and set appropriate permissions.  I also
make it set group-id.

Simply share this folder via samba, either by adding individual shares,
adding a [groups] share or (as I do) placing a symbolic link in each
members home directory.

Hope this helps,

Andrew Bartlett