smbmount permission issue

Derek R. Pizzagoni derekp at sbei.com
Sat Oct 7 03:21:32 GMT 2000

Hello,

I am running RedHat 6.2 on a Sun Ultra10 with Samba version 2.0.7.

I am able to manually mount, and automount, but no matter where and how
I mount, I always get the following permissions on the mount point
(after mount):

d---------    1 root     root          512 Oct  5 15:43 sbe12

It happened in Samba 2.0.6, and I decided to try to upgrade via RPM to
2.0.7, but it didn't help.

I have made myself the owner of the mountpoint, and I receive the
same... d---------.

I have included dmask and fmask in my mount command, and I receive the
same... d---------.

I have included the uid and gid in my mount command, and I receive the

I have tried mounting both a Windows NT share and a Samba share, and I
receive the same... d---------.

Root can access the files on the remote server, but I can't (as my
normal username).

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

--