Samba suggestion. (.smbaccess)

Eugene Fisher Eugene.Fisher at airkaz.com
Thu Oct 5 16:35:24 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Fedyk
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 11:18 PM
To: Eugene Fisher
Cc: T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk; samba at samba.org
Subject: Re: Samba suggestion. (.smbaccess)

Is there a reason why using the set-group-id would be a problem?

This seems to be a problem from the lack of ACLs in Linux, which I'm
assuming is
your target platform.  What you need is more groups.  If you have a project
that
will have members which are subsets of one or several groups.  I'd just add
group for the specific project, and SGID the directories.

-------

Yes, SGID helps in that way the user will always create the file owner-group
correctly.
But it requires the whole bunch of different groups. It's the lack of ACL,
you're right.