Samba suggestion. (.smbaccess)

Eugene Fisher Eugene.Fisher at airkaz.com
Thu Oct 5 15:41:06 GMT 2000

It would be very nice to inherit not only permissions, but owner-user and
owner-group also....

Example:
consider the directory structure:
A - (501:601) rwxrwx---
  |-B (501:602) rwxrwx---
  |-C (502:603) rwxrwx---
where groups 602 and 603 are subsets of group 601.
You share folder A as Samba share.
If user 502 creates a file in folder B via Samba, user 501 cannot reach it
(the file will have owner-user 502 and owner-group - the primary group of
user 502).
"force user" and "force group" don't help you, because the subfolders have
different owners.

This configuration is not so sophisticated, I faced this problem and had to
create mutiple shares what confuses users.

BRGDS

Eugene Fisher,
Senior IT Engineer,

"Air Kazakstan" airlines