AS/400 Shared Folders

Mitchell R. Pryor mrpryor at intrex.net
Wed Oct 4 11:26:37 GMT 2000

I get the following 2 error messages when I do a 'ls' or 'dir' on a smbmounted shared folder on an AS/400:

smb_proc_readdir_long: name=, entries=1, rcl=1, err=2
smb_refill_dircache: readdir failed, result=2

I can access the files in the shared folder with 'cp' and I can 'cp' files to the shared folder.  Just can't see them.

Smbclient works a little better, but it only displays the first letter of each file.  Anyone familiar with this behavior?  Any solutions?