Samba and default router

Loic Mahe' mahe at twam.com
Mon Oct 2 16:13:56 GMT 2000

Hello,

> If it's posible route the network traffic thrue your Linux box, then
> apply all your filtering rules. I assume that the ISB has just a
> ethernet connection?
Yes and (as I said in my first mail) the Win9x machines have their
default route to the ISB.

That's a lot of work and a significant change in my network's topology.

> Is the ISB capable of doing some packet filtering? Maby just deny all
> name serving requests.
Yes, but only for "classical" protocols (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, ...).
Denying DNS requests (if it were possible) would be quite harmful
for browsers ...

Thanks anyway.

Loic