Printing breaks network

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Nov 27 23:04:59 GMT 2000

Juan,

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:52:10 +0100, jnegron at suffolk.es wrote:

>When I print from any machine, the windows network dissapears for
>about 3-4 minutes. I can't browse the network ( even from the server
>via smbclient) or print, even typing  the UNC directly, doing a "find
>computer" doesn't work either. After that time span, the windows
>network comes back, [...]

There are a lot of "lpXXX command" parameters described in the smb.conf
man page: set them all to /bin/false and try again. I guess at least
one of these commands is blocking ...

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.