change oplock contention limit because corruption?

Robert Schott rschott at schott-memsys.com
Mon Nov 27 18:17:47 GMT 2000

ahhh!! obviously I found what I was searching for:

oplock break wait time (G)
This is a tuning parameter added due to bugs in both Windows 9x and WinNT.
If Samba responds to a client too quickly when that client issues an SMB...

but:
DO NOT CHANGE THIS PARAMETER UNLESS YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE SAMBA
OPLOCK CODE.

My question, now: does it hurt to set
from
Default: oplock break wait time = 10