Samba 2.2.0alpha1 snapshot released

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 23:50:53 GMT 2000

At 11:41 AM 24/11/2000 +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
>I'm still seeing a problem that I've had with the CVS releases in general.
>

>Under 2.2.0, with same /etc/smb.conf, it immediately goes to /etc/smbpasswd
>- which I have never had! So auth fails, yada, yada, yada...

OK, that sounds like the sort of place that RedHat like to configure their
rpms to put their config files. Are you sure your not running some old (rpm
installed) binary or config file somewhere ?

Have you used the samba default (and very sensible) file locations
/usr/local/samba/*  ?

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au