caching problems on Samba ver 2.0.6 ?

Robert Schott robsmiler at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 13:18:21 GMT 2000

Hi, we are using Samba 2.0.6 (came along with SuSE
6.4) and have problems
with file sharing.

The file server until now was based on Windows NT
using NetBEUI and TCP (I
assume MS preferres internally first one). The SW
manufacturer told us that
the app preferably runs on Novell fileservers but also
on every other file
server.

The DOS app that access the shared file runs
concurrently on several
Win95/98/ME/NT Clients. Under some (unknown)
circumstances it corrupts the
main shared file when being accessed from Win95b and
98 clients.

Maybe there are some locking switches I have to enable
on Samba?

Now I saw that there is  a NT registry patch that
tweaks something on lanman
params. But I found no docu for this. Maybe anyone
could help me out where
to find?

regards

Robert