MS Word saves using all caps filenames - Contents of samba digest..."

John Gray johngray at camsoft.com.au
Sun Nov 19 22:35:12 GMT 2000

Is this any help?

Q. How can I stop Windows Explorer from changing the case of my
filenames?

A. By default, Explorer changes the case of your filenames so that a
file you name c:\iLikeTOTypeTHiS appears as c:\Iliketotypethis.
Microsoft calls this PrettyPath, and you can disable it by performing
the following steps:
   1. Start regedit.exe.
   2. Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Explorer\Advanced.
   3. Double-click DontPrettyPath (or create this key with a type of
REG_DWORD if it doesn't exist).
   4. Set the value to 1 to keep the case as you type it or 0 to adjust
the case as Explorer requires.
   5. Click OK.
   6. Close regedit.
   7. Restart the machine.