More info on smbfs mounted file, tail -f still does not work

root root at harlantype.com
Sat Nov 18 03:35:04 GMT 2000

Some new info:

I decided to write my own "tail" program to open the stream and attempt to
continuously read characters.

Interesting result...  The stream actually does contain data, all hex 00.
Every now and then bits of actual data come through, and then back to all
00's again.

Still completely stuck on this one.

Thanks,

Jason