samba headaches

TPsmith at ixl.com TPsmith at ixl.com
Thu Nov 16 20:06:37 GMT 2000

Hey Steve and everyone,
My apologies for sounding sarcastic.  I was just being honest with my
frustration.  If someone can show me a document in the samba archives, or
samba site, which shows how to do the following, I will apologize and never
write a sarcastic message to this forum again:
------Don't just have FAQs on the SAMBA site-------
---How about sample cases and the fix to the cases?---
-------Show Me How To Do the Following-------
*How to create a samba share on Unix Solaris 2.7, running 2.7 of SAMBA, with
the attached config file, and to ensure, that even if the client has one IP
segment, and the server has a different IP segment, on different subnets,
and the distance between the Win32 client machines and the server is across
town but with a good T1.
-----------------
I understand that this forum is for how to use SAMBA, not how to create
windows shares.  But when I can map a network drive to a server, sitting on
the same network, in the same IP range, in the same subnet, which is
Windows, and before we moved the server to different IP and subnet, and
location, sometimes it worked and other times I got the semaphore timeout or
network busy message, but now, there is nothing but semaphore timeout or
network busy messages, which shows the multiple restrictions on an admin,
when using SAMBA, I am just thinking, maybe someone, who can code 100x
better than myself, which is probably most people, could take the time and
make connecting from win32 clients to unix-samba clients more flexible.
I apologize if my attitude annoyed anyone.  I am frustrated with the
inability to purchase feasable support for using SAMBA.

thanks
tpaul