Foxpro problems with Samba

Eric Headley eric at ttec.co.tt
Thu Nov 16 18:37:30 GMT 2000

I have a user that is using a foxpro application that has the data files
stored on the network.  He was( is ) using NFS from the Win9x client to
mount the Unix server drives and access the files.  I figures that it would
be cheaper and faster to put samba on the Unix box and let him use the
native windows protocols to access the data.  I have Samba 2.0.7 running on
Solaris 8.  He is complaining that he is experiencing corruption of data
when he uses samba.  Has anyone else experienced this problem ?   Could the
problem be caused by file locking ?  What is the samba default wrt to
sharing of files ?

Eric Headley
Trinidad & Tobago Electricity Commission
63 Frederick Street
Port of Spain
Trinidad & Tobago
West Indies