Unix - Windows Connectivity

Arjona, Ariel aarjona at banistmo.com
Thu Nov 16 15:11:50 GMT 2000

Well, to open files like that you could use StarOffice
(http://www.sun.com/products/staroffice/), for example.

Or you could use an emulator like WINE (http://www.winehq.com/) to run
programs like Word directly (never tried myself tho, I've used StarOffice
when needed.

SAMBA has a client to access windows shares, so you can read/copy your files
from the windows machine.

regards,
Ariel Arjona