Peachtree for windows?

Keith Geffert kgeffert at synpc.com
Wed Nov 15 18:02:05 GMT 2000

Hello all,

I've been reading newsgroups and such researching peachtree for windows using
samba.  We are currently using a pre-package version from redhat 6.2 (version
2.0.6-9)  The initial peachtree db was setup in single user mode.  We setup
the network shares and then copied the db to the network.  We then reinstalled
all the clients using the network install mode.  We are forcing group writes
and permissions so all users write files with a shared group and rw,rw on user
and group perms.

During payroll someone printing checks locks out all the rest of the users
complaining about the journal.dat not being accessible.

We setup a similar setup here in our lab and can't replicate the problem using
the peachtree sample companies.

I've read about peachtree having problems with samba on pre 2.0.5 stuff and
haven't read any particular relevant stuff since then.  Are these issues
fixed?

--
Keith Geffert
Synectics, Inc. (www.synpc.com)