Curiousity

Joe_Pfaltzgraff at patapsco.com Joe_Pfaltzgraff at patapsco.com
Wed Nov 15 16:49:56 GMT 2000

Joe Pfaltzgraff at PATAPSCO
11/15/2000 11:49 AM

I am running samba 2.0.7, and it is setup as the PDC.  right now only a hand
full of people have an account setup on the system.  This error does not appear
to be associated with any application (other than Win98se) Today I haven't used
anything on the server, and this error is appearing in the log every 15 minutes
(+/- a couple of seconds).  smbstatus shows that there are no locked files.

To give you a quick overview, We are currently using Novell file servers, I
would like to replace them with this samba server.  I do have automatic policy
downloading, and the user must be authincated against the samba server before
he/she is allowed into the Win98 system.  (that is only setup on one system for
testing)

Let me know if you want any other info.  Also I do get this error when I start
smbd:  but since it says information only, I ignored it.

[2000/11/15 11:42:46, 1] smbd/files.c:file_init(216)  file_init: Information
only: requested 10000 open files, 1014 are available.

Gerald Carter <gcarter at valinux.com> on 11/13/2000 06:32:07 PM