browsing win9x shares from NT

Mario Misic mmisic at combis.hr
Wed Nov 15 14:41:59 GMT 2000

Hi!

I could not find answer to my problem in textdoc files which comes with
SAMBA package, of course I tried to find answer in FAQ's but I could not
find it, some people also had same problem.

I am using samba version 2.0.7 on AIX machine and my clients are Win9x and
NT workstations. Every machine can see each other and they are properly
added in domain, also every machine can use printing which is enabled
through samba and AIX and that works fine.
Win9x based machines can use shares on any client in domain even from PDC
(AIX, samba server), but problem is when I try to use share folders on Win9x
clients from NT workstation. I am shure that problem is not with passwords
and encryption because when I try to mount shared folder on win9x client
using NET USE command on NT workstation  it works, but when I try to reach
it from Win Explorer or Network Neighborhood i got error "Access denied".

Folders on Win9x machines are shared on shared level access and with full
access.

Does anyone know workaround for this problem, I have no any idea, I try it
everything.

Regards!
Mario Misic