Samba and Windows 98

samba at 10onezero.com samba at 10onezero.com
Wed Nov 15 06:42:08 GMT 2000

I have set up my linux box as a DHCP server and have enabled samba as a file
server.

During an attempt to logon to the intranet with a computer running Windows 98,
I get an error message saying:

"No domain server was available to validate your password. You may not gain
access to some network resources."

I did a ping on the linux server successfully. Telnetting works too. It's just
the network shared folders does not work apparently.

I reckon it is probably something wrong with the setting up of the samba
configuration file. Does anyone know how I should go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance!

Michael