Memory and large files

Orndorff, Mark morndorff at AvistaAdvantage.com
Tue Nov 14 19:22:24 GMT 2000

I apologize if a solution to this is posted somewhere else, but I am new to
this list and any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. I am running
Tru64 v5.1 on a 4 CPU GS160 with 4GB memory. I compiled both 2.0.6 and 2.0.5
and both seems to work. I have, however, noticed the following behavior.

My problem:
When I try to copy large files, 14 GB/file or more, I get good performance
initially. As it runs I see the free memory go down until there is very
little left. At that point the transfer speed goes WAY down (about 1/6th),
and 1 cpu gets fully utilized.

Any Ideas?

Mark O