Windows password expiration

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Nov 14 14:55:37 GMT 2000

> Derek wrote:
>
> I dont know if this has been posted here before, but
> here goes, Is password expiration planned for a near
> future release of samba? or is it already implemented in
> a current version?

I was thinking about this yesterday actually.  I know how
to do this in the code.  Is really easier to be honest.
The rewritten passdb API can support it.  Would need either
a a full SAM style account backend (smbpasswd does not
have enough fields) or another smb.conf parameter like

	max password age = <number of minutes>

However, no production releases of Samba support
this currently.  I guess what I am is saying is,
"No, we don't do that now but can shortly."

Cheers, jerry

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org