Linux Printing to NT

Klaus Wirl kwirl at lucent.com
Tue Nov 14 07:13:10 GMT 2000

Alan M Buckwalter wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question.
> Please forgive me if not, and refer me to the correct place.
>
> I am trying to print to an NT printer / print server from Linux / SAMBA,
> and the job is failing.  On Linux:
>
> smbclient -L NTSERVER
>
> does not display any shares.
>
> On an NT client workstation, if I type
>
> net view \\NTSERVER
>
> the printer is displayed.
>
> using smbprint gives me ERRDOS "access errors"

Just guessing:
- Your NT workstations are within a (NT) domain ?
  => you need the -W option
- You haven't exported the shares to "anybody" ?
  => You'll need a specific user
- Did you try
  smbclient -L NTSERVER -W <yourdomain> -U <validuser>
  and then typing the correct password on request?

HTH
Klaus
--
| Klaus P. Wirl             | Email: kwirl at lucent.com   |