Add another user-permission entry on Windows2000/NT causes crash

Roland Mathis rmathis at everlastingsystems.com
Tue Nov 14 01:45:41 GMT 2000

Maybe this is already a known problem, but I cannot find an answer to it
in the HOWTO and previous maillists... Please, if this issue was already
discussed let me know where I can find it. :)

Error: When I try to add another user-permission entry in Windows 2000
the I get the Program Error:
"<process has already exited> has generated errors and will be closed by
Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being
created."
On Windows NT the error message is: "The Parameter is incorrect"

What I mean with adding another user-permission entry:
- right click on a folder or file in Windows Explorer
- choose properties
- choose security (in Windows 2000)
- click "Add..."

I have two different samba servers 2.07 running which both produce the
same error. One of them runs on a Sparc Solaris 8 (I used the binary
installation and also built it from the source). The other installation
is on a Redhat 7.0.

In the log I can find the following error message:
smbd/nttrans.c: call_nt_transact_ioctl(2516) call_nt_transact_ioctl:
Currently not implemented

Is this function really not implemented or is anything wrong with my
environment or samba installation?
Thanks for any hints,
Roland