SWAT

Ryan Detert rcdetert at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 13 23:50:20 GMT 2000

hmmm, come to think of it, my SWAT doesn't work either.. i made the
recommended change and also try to set 'disable' to 'no'.

Restarted the xinetd and everything but nothing works... having trouble
installing netatalk as well on RH7, can't get anything to compile, not
even the kernel!

-ryu

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list, but I'm very interested in this thread.  I also,
> can't get SWAT working.  There is a caveat on the Red Hat site that
> says the following with regard to SWAT on 7.0:
>
> >There is a bug in the internal tcpwrappers functionality of xinetd.
> >The problem is known and is being worked on. In the meantime, you
> >can change this line in the /etc/xinetd.d/swat file:
> >
> >                only_from = localhost

> >                only_from = 127.0.0.1
> >

> >That should allow SWAT to function normally.
>
> Unfortunately, although I've made this change, I still can't get
> SQUAT from SWAT.
>
> Anyone had success getting it working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob Yale
>

> >I recently upgraded to RH7.0 as well. I found from Red Hat's site (I
think
> >that is where) that Red Hat no longer uses inetd.conf. but instead a
more
> >secure xinetd.conf. I do not know what those little script files do in
> >that directory but all the stuff for POP3, SWAT and all the other port
> >services should be found in /etc/services
> >
> >this is what I get.....
> >
> >[ryan at the45 ryan]$ cat /etc/services | grep swat
> >swat            901/tcp                         # Samba Web
Administration