smb.conf

digitalconscious.com mjs at digitalconscious.com
Mon Nov 13 20:55:46 GMT 2000

heres the problem,..when I go to network neighborhood on my NT 4.0 server,.
I can see the samba netbios name,..but when I go to double-click on it I get
and error saying

\\samba not accessible

Do I need to reboot my NTserver?....as far as I know I shouldn't have to..

Here is my smb.conf, is there anything wrong with this configuration?

[global]
        netbios name = samba    <-- I added this name in server manager for
NTserver
        workgroup = STUDIO54    <-- this is my domain name for NTserver
        security = domain
        encrypt passwords = yes
        password server = STUDIO54   <--  this is my domain name
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        wins support = yes

[files]
comment = for testing only
path = /usr/local/samba/files