cannot see print queue from win 98

Philipp Poeml poml at uni-muenster.de
Mon Nov 13 15:44:40 GMT 2000

Hi,

i need your help!
i have a running samba server here and print to it from a win 98
machine. this works very fine. but i cannot see the printer queue and
for example hold a job. why???
i logged on the printer share with smbclient from anotherlinux machine
and trid the "queue" command, and there also i could not see any qeued
jobs. but lpq -Plp on the samba machine shows all the jobs which are
queued.
please help me! any ideas?
heres some information:
I'm running samba 2.0.5a on a linux with kernel 2.2.7
The lpd is PLP which is supported by samba.

my smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
  # from noty.poml.net (192.168.100.100)
  # Date: 2000/11/12 21:29:19

  # Global parameters
  [global]
          workgroup = FELSPOML
          netbios name = GROBI
          interfaces = 192.168.99.16/255.255.255.0
192.168.100.16/255.255.255.0
          encrypt passwords = Yes
          log level = 3
          log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
          announce as = NT Workstation
          printing = plp
          print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
          lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
          lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
          lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %s
          lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release %p %s
          queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop %p
          queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start %p

  [grobidruck]
          comment = Apple Personal Laserwriter NT
          path = /var/spool/samba
          read only = No
          create mask = 0700
          guest ok = Yes
          print ok = Yes
          printer name = lp
          printer driver = Apple Personal Laserwriter NT

  [homes]
          comment = Home Directories
          read only = No
          create mask = 0750

Thank you for any help. This problem makes me crazy! I cannot find a
solution!

Philipp

--
Philipp Poeml