cant get the list of samba-users on w98

Veszpremi Gabor gaborv at mtf.hu
Sun Nov 12 20:49:37 GMT 2000

Hi!

I have a samba server which is domain controller for some Win95 and Win98
workstations. (security = user)
I would like to share a directory on a Win98 workstation with "user-level
access".
But when I'm trying to add a user to the acces list, I get an error message:
"You can't get the list of users, try later." (My Win version is not
English, so I don't know, how does this sound in English.)

In that moment, four lines appear in smbd logfile on my samba server.

<date... time... etc.> smbd/ipc.c:api_fd_reply(3314)
    api_fd_reply: INVALID PIPE HANDLE: 0
<date... time... etc.> smbd/ipc.c:api_fd_reply(3314)
    api_fd_reply: INVALID PIPE HANDLE: 0

What does it mean?
Pls, help.

Regards, GaborV