Links and samba

Marcin Kuzmicki M.Kuzmicki at elka.pw.edu.pl
Sat Nov 11 02:37:53 GMT 2000

Hi,
I have a problem with smbclient. Is there a possibility of detecting
if a file shared by linux box is a vaild directory or only a link.
I have a scanner for our academic network that scanns all shares but
when it finds a symlink for a parent directory its going round and
round and makes my database bigger and bigger.
I've tried to check in source files i only found something like
uint16 ( i think it describes shares attributes ).
Have anyone had such problem or maybe you can help me resolving this
problem.
Best regards

--
marcin