Upgrading Samba 2.0.3 to 2.0.7 - Solaris 2.6

David Evans-Roberts daveer at hrwallingford.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 17:20:04 GMT 2000

Oswaldir

I have not done an upgrade, but have installed Samba 2.0.7 under Solaris
2.6.  It was all pretty straightforward.  We followed UNIX_INSTALL.txt and
NTDOMAIN.txt in the docs directory to set up our machine purely as a file
server in an NT domain.  Until you type 'make install' nothing gets in
installed.  The last stage is pretty quick.  Clearly you should back up the
old version first in case you get problems and also to safeguard your
existing configuration file.

The only minor problems we have 2.0.7 I think may apply to all releases:
	share names limited to 12 characters
	In Windows Explorer double clicking on the folder share level does
not show the folder as open, but shows the contents.
	Also if you copy files to the folder at share level you have to do a
manual refresh.
	Once you descend down the tree these problems do not occur.

David Evans-Roberts

> Message: 15
> From: "Oswaldir Brisola Lantyer" <lantyer at cbdata.com.br>
> To: "Lista SAMBA" <samba at us5.samba.org>
> Subject: Upgrading Samba 2.0.3 to 2.0.7 - Solaris 2.6
> Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:22:38 -0300
>
>     Hi everybody.
>
>  We have Samba 2... installed in our machine with solaris
> 2.6. We have the
> intetion to upgrade it to Samba 2.0.7.
> In adition, this machine is in use and we can't stop it for
> long. Concerning
> it  we have those questions as follow :
>

>         - Is it a simple task?
>         - Where can I get some information or tips?
>         - What do I have to concern about?
>         - Does someone have any advises?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
>
> ++
>
>   Oswaldir Brisola Lantyer
>   SUTEC
>   S/A Correio Braziliense
>   Brasilia - DF - Brasil
>   http://www.correioweb.com.br/
>   mailto:lantyer at cbdata.com.br
>   ICQ:9721387

"Faxes and emails are used by HR Wallingford as a convenience for confidential,
and often legally privileged, business communications both within the firm and
and with clients.  Disclosure to parties other than addressees through for example
forwarding, copying, printing, distribution etc requires HR Wallingford's
specific consent.  HR Wallingford is not liable for unauthorised disclosures
nor for subsequent actions or omissions in reliance upon them.  If you have
received this message in error please notify us immediately and destroy  all
copies of it."