How can I hide .dot-files from MS Explorer?

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Thu Nov 9 10:45:44 GMT 2000

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> When exploring my samba servers I see all of the dot files. This is very annoying because some of our users have only a few real directories but /tons/ of dot files and folders for there various apps .*rc files.
>
> Is there anyway to get either samba

veto files(S)
     This is a list of files and directories that are neither visible
nor accessible

hide files(S)
     This is a list of files or directories that are not visible but are
accessible. The DOS 'hidden' attribute is applied to any files or
directories
     that match.

hide dot files (S)
     This is a boolean parameter that controls whether files starting
with a dot appear as hidden files.
     Default: hide dot files = yes (did you change this?)

> or Explorer to stop showing those?

Set explorer to hide hidden files.

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams