write_socket_data bug

Lee Howard faxguy at deanox.com
Wed Nov 8 17:04:47 GMT 2000

At 12:33 PM 11/8/00 +0100, Otto Giesenfeld wrote:

>Did anyone come up with a solution?

Last I heard, samba developers were working on it.  I haven't heard of the
bug being confirmed by them, although the number of reports now on the
samba list seems to be convincing of that.

I've seen this problem persist through kernel options, smb.conf options,
kernel versions 2.2.12-17, choice of ethernet driver (3c59x/3c90x), and
because so many people have reported it now, I tend to believe that it
persists over network hardware, also (unless all of you out there with this
problem are using Kingston 10/100 hubs and 3Com 3C905C ethernet cards).

Interestingly, I did have a couple of reports that AIM (AOL Instant
Messenger) failed its connections at the same time that these Samba errors
appear.  On this system, the Samba server is also acting as the internet
gateway for this client.

Lee Howard