"Samba dropping every 1-2 hours", "Mapped drives under Windows 2000" and "Samba and Lotus Notes"

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Nov 7 13:06:45 GMT 2000

  In all your cases, the client may be timing out and disconencting,
planning to reconnect at a later time.
  This is a known feature (bug? disfeature?) of Windows clients,
which need to be able to reconnect in any case, lest server crashes
mess up clients!

   You may want to set up a log file for a particular client machine
and capture a log at at least log level = 3 for discussion on this
list: fee free to send me mail for how-tos and help in finding
the log lines that we all should look at.

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com