sending print job info to Win

Christoph Steglich Christoph.Steglich at post.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 7 09:58:57 GMT 2000

Hello,

I need help on the following problem: I want to send "extended" print
job status information to a windows host via samba (2.0.7), e.g. if a
job gets canceled.
--> background: I've developed an accounting system (based on LPRng)
that checks whether a valid printing account exists etc.
--> aim: I want to send a message to the owner of the print job that
appears in the windows printer status window or in an extra pop up. I
would prefer a solution that e.g. extends the 'lpq command'.

thanks for your help

christoph