Error messages from autofs mounting...

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Tue Nov 7 09:12:35 GMT 2000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Jim Bickford wrote:

> It seems to work more or less but I keep getting the following error
> messages on std error and the messages log file...
>

> Unusual System Events
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Nov  7 14:42:26 daphne kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 161 from
> command 0x32
> Nov  7 15:12:50 daphne kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 21 from
> command 0x32
> Nov  7 15:12:50 daphne kernel: smb_errno: class ERRDOS, code 21 from
> command 0x32

Not sure what those are. Are you experiencing problems?
If you are, can you create these errors? Can you send me a script or
something to repeat it?

> Nov  7 15:12:56 daphne kernel: smb_retry: caught signal
> Nov  7 15:13:01 daphne kernel: smb_retry: caught signal

A smbfs bug, it did not handle a process getting a signal at a "bad" time.
Upgrade to the latest 2.2.18-pre, and you are probably going to want this
too:
http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.2.18-pre18-max_xmit-6.patch

(if that isn't in the latest pre version)

/Urban